2021 COA school orders and meal vouchers

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island COA

2021 COA school orders and meal vouchers

Post by Beaver Island COA »

Hello friends,

What is a dog’s favorite dinosaur movie? I will have the answer available after this brief announcement on another dining out option available.

The Beaver Island Community School lunch menus for September are ready to pick up at the C.O.A. or you may print the order form that is attached to this post. The Beaver Island Community School lunch orders need to be returned to me by the Wednesday of the week before you plan on getting a meal. For example, let’s say someone wants to get school lunches on Monday, September 13. I would need the order by Wednesday, September 8, along with meal vouchers for each day a meal is ordered. Clients will receive their meals to go only. This is the same procedure as last year. Pick up meals outside the front entrance of the school.

Meal vouchers for the month of September can be purchased by calling 231-448-2124. Individuals are encouraged to make an appointment prior to purchasing meal vouchers. The Beaver Island Commission on Aging office is closed to walk in traffic. Please call ahead and leave a message if I am not available to take the call. Voucher sales are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday thru Thursday and from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. It is best to call first to make sure you do not show up while I am on the south end of the Island or out on County business for meetings or errands.

In person activities are still suspended due to the closure of Charlevoix County Senior centers because of increased infection rates of the Delta variant in Charlevoix County. I am not here to debate Covid with anyone, my goal is to serve the aging community on Beaver Island to the best of my ability and that includes safely conducting business for each client following the guidelines submitted to me from my superiors. Simply put, please make an appointment, and wear a mask when inside the Beaver Island Commission on Aging office.

JOKE: What is a dog’s favorite dinosaur movie? ANSWER: Jurassic Bark

Grace,
Lonnie
Attachments
Sept 2021 COA LUNCH ORDER SHEET_2.jpg
Sept 2021 COA LUNCH ORDER SHEET_2.jpg (456.08 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Sept 2021 COA LUNCH ORDER SHEET_1.jpg
Sept 2021 COA LUNCH ORDER SHEET_1.jpg (540.13 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Grace and peace be with you,

Lonnie Allen
Site Coordinator, Beaver Island COA
Charlevoix County Beaver Island