Cemetery walk #2 on Sunday 7/26

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BIDL

Cemetery walk #2 on Sunday 7/26

Post by BIDL »

All are invited to our second Cemetery walk at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery on Sunday 7/26 at 11:30 a.m. We are focusing on the south west quadrant this time and will have family historians from the Gatliffs, Welkes, Coles, and more! George Anthony is planning to be there to talk about the Native American history on the island. Bring a chair if you wish, the event will last about an hour. Masks recommended but not required!

These events are part of the National Endowment for the Arts grant- Community Big Read of Our Town. Joe Moore will record these for historical archives.
Beaver Island District Library
26400 Donegal Bay Road
PO Box 246
Beaver Island, MI 49782
(231) 448-2701
jacquel

Re: Cemetery walk #2 on Sunday 7/26

Post by jacquel »

Postponed to August 2 due to weather.
George Anthony will be at the library today July 26 at 11:30 to discuss the Native Americans on the island.
mbj

Post by mbj »

If some of us miss these fantastic events for various reasons, is it possible to see a video of them on YouTube later? Or Facebook? I belong to Hope Colleges's Retiree program and they post the events later on YouTube.
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

I record these events for the Beaver Island Historical Society. I process the video, and give them a data file of video. They then take the video and put it on their youtube channel, I believe. I also put all these events on Beaver Island News on the 'Net, http://beaverislandnews.com as well as http://beaverisland.tv

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island News on the 'Net
Beaver Island TV